Making outdoor spaces for playing, learning, living.
Based in the heart of Lambeth, Father Nature is a landscape gardening and horticultural organisation
specialising in high quality private garden design alongside
community based sustainable urban gardening projects and events around Lambeth and beyond.
Our aim is to connect inner city folk, young and old, with the potential of
London’s growing spaces, with nature, with each other.
We provide high quality Garden Design consultancy to private clients – from planters for
small patios, courtyards and roof terraces to full-scale garden landscaping.
Our Community Projects in Lambeth include work with TRAs and Lambeth Council on projects such as
‘Our Streets‘ where we build and maintain planters, raised beds, container gardens and pocket parks and more.
We design and build Outdoor Classrooms for schools providing inner city children with
access to outdoor play and learning opportunities about nature, healthy eating and sustainability.
We manage the Big Park Sleepover, a summer night of free family camping in London’s parks.
We’re planting trees and collecting London’s forgotten apples to make Urban Orchard cider with Hawkes.
Our many other partners include Incredible Edible Lambeth, Lambeth Council,
Lambeth TRA Network, LEAP, London Connected Learning Centre (London CLC), Natural Thinkers
and Sowing the Seeds, part of the London Sustainable Development Commission.
We love Lambeth! If you’ve got an idea for more community growing, let us know!
Father Nature is a certified Social Enterprise which means…
- We are an independent business and get more than half our income from trading.
- We have a clear social or environmental mission that is set out in our governing documents.
- Our business is controlled or owned in the interests of our social mission.
- We reinvest or give away at least half of our profits in support of our social purpose, & we protect our assets.
- We are transparent about the way we operate as a business and the impact that we have.
Read about our community work in The Huffington Post.
* Winner of a Lambeth Green Business Award 2010.
*Winner of a City Bridge Trust’s ‘Growing Localities’ Award 2015.
Latest from the Blog
Father Nature is delighted to have been chosen by not one, but four schools in Lambeth to deliver their award winning food growing projects! The Mayor of London confirmed this week the 21... Read More